Maximum Performance Volleyball
The Elite Kansas City Volleyball Club
Maximum Performance Volleyball is dedicated to providing elite Kansas City volleyball club players the best coaches and training techniques to allow them to develop into champions. Our philosophy emphasizes mental and physical preparation to enable our players to compete at the highest levels in game situations. By competing with other top level athletes against the best teams in Kansas City, we give our players the confidence they need for future matches at every level. We focus on instilling in our athletes the character and determination that creates champions.
We are currently enrolling young women ages 11-18 for our MPV club season. Club will give athletes a chance to compete with and against other top level volleyball players from around the area. This is a tremendous opportunity for aspiring players to learn the advanced skills they need to compete at higher levels of play. Now every athlete with the desire to compete has the opportunity to see if they have what it takes to train with the best.
Our Club Directors
From Our Parents and Players
Our experience at MPV has been excellent. From the coach to the director, everyone has gone out of their way to make this a positive experience. Joe is always willing to listen. I feel that our team grew from the positive, but stern, coaching that they received. The girls (and parents alike) can’t wait to come back. Thanks for a great season.Billi D
This was our 1st year with MPV and our experience is beyond what we could have asked for. Just to watch all the girls from where they started and to how much they have progressed is AMAZING! I am very humbled by this whole experience and could not be more proud to have my daughter be part of a club as wonderful as MPV.Amber G
My daughter has played for MPV for 2 years now. Going into this for the 2013-2014 season was a little scary. MPV took her on, taught her to play a position she’d never played before (Libero) and let her grow not only as an athlete, but taught her so much about the game itself. Coaches from older teams were willing to give her extra time outside of their own practice to work on her libero position, and when she expressed an interest in setting going into her 8th grade year, they offered her extra time to work one on one with them to prepare her for school tryouts. Something they certainly didn’t have to do, but that just shows that MPV is about the players. Are we in it for a full ride to a Division 1 school, no. Does she dream about that possibility – of course she does! But as long as she has coaches and a director, like those at MPV, that want to see their players grow – then why not dream big! They have done an incredible job in my eyes. We look forward to year three with MPV.Kris W
17 Gold National
- Played Volleyball since 5th grade.
- Has played Club Volleyball for many years through out Middle School and High School.
- Took 13th at Club Nationals while playing for The Urge.
- Played in College for Graceland University.
- Started his coaching career while in College with Men’s JV team, which took 5th at NIRSA Nationals.
- Coached age levels 14’s – 18’s.
- Prides himself on making solid teams and all-around Volleyball Players.
- Great success with several of his former players going on to play in College.
- Mike comes to MPV with over 10 years of coaching experience.
17 Gold National
- Coached volleyball for over 10 years for various ages on the club level.
- Began playing volleyball in high school and after graduation played club.
- Taught clinics, training’s, and served as a head coach on numerous successful teams ranging in age from 12’s through 17’s.
- Goal is to help young athletes excel by helping create a competitive, fun and positive club experience.
- Known for instilling confidence in players and bringing energy, enthusiasm and experience to the volleyball court.
- Love for the game is evident by his dedication to the development and success of young athletes.
- Co-Director of MPV.
17 Silver Regional
- Played competitive club volleyball for seven years.
- Played four years of varsity volleyball.
- Has played every position on the court.
- Has coached four years in both gold and silver divisions
- Wants to teach the girls how to win on and off the court.